Thursday, November 15, 2007

NHL Network Free Preview

Say what you will about Cablevision, but at least they're providing some of us with more hockey. The other day I was reading my bill (let's not get into *that* sore subject) when I noticed that they're currently providing their subscribers with a free preview of the NHL Network. I don't know what viewing areas are being offered this gratuitous bounty of frozen delight, but if your household is a Cablevision subscriber I would suggest you look around the dial. Here on Long Island (Cablevision of Woodbury) it's being shown on channels 401 and 429 for some reason. I don't know if either are in HD; you may want to drop us a comment if you know.

I don't mean promote Cablevision, I just want those of you who may want to see out of market games made aware of it. It'll be free for about two weeks; I don't remember the exact termination date.

Speaking of out of market games, I just finished watching Edmonton at Vancouver, a game with no shortage of former Islanders (8 by my count). The network shows Wednesday Night Hockey on the TSN feed. Without getting into too much detail, it was a game loaded with scoring chances but completely devoid of scoring. Edmonton won 1-0 in a shootout after 65 minutes of goalless play.

Speaking of former Islanders (or their employees), I saw Mike Milbury doing studio analysis between periods. Let's just say I would have preferred more highlights of Darryl Sittler's 10 point game, which was also shown during an intermission (falls under the "if you have nothing nice to say" category).

Isles continue the road trip tonight in Pittsburgh. They need to get back on the winning track after that Philly slip-up. It's the front end of back-to-back games for the first time since October 10th.

No comments: